Below you will find many resources for using digital portfolios in the classroom. Comment with any questions!
Digital Portfolio Websites
Book Resources on Portfolios
- The Digital Writing Workshop by Troy Hicks
Because Digital Writing Matters: Improving Student Writing in Online and Multimedia Environments by National Writing Project, Danielle Nicole DeVoss, Elyse Eidman-Aadahl and Troy Hicks
The Many tools for Digital Portfolios
Cloud Based Spaces:
Social Media Sites
Creating a Website
- Wikispaces (Wikispaces.com)
- Google Apps (google.com/enterprise/apps/education)
- WordPress (wordpress.com)
- Weebly (weebly.com)
Marking Period Portfolio Reflection Questions:
- What piece did you choose to reflect on and why?
- What was your initial response to the comments by Mr. Hyler?
- In your own words rewrite what it is that Mr. Hyler commented on.
- Give an example of how you are going to make your writing better based on the comments by Mr. Hyler.
- How are you going to apply what you learned from reflecting on your writing to future assignments? Be specific.
End of the year Portfolio Reflection Questions:
- What were your expectations for this class before we started? Was the class what you expected? What goals did you set for yourself in regard to this class? (Check your writing into the day from September if you don’t remember.) How successful were you in accomplishing your goals? What is the most useful thing you’ve learned in this class? How have you grown intellectually this year? Academically?
- Look through all the writing you’ve done this year. What have you tried that is new? How has your writing changed? What is your favorite piece and why? Is there anything you wish you would have done differently? How do you think of your writing abilities now compared to the beginning of the class? Has anything about your writing surprised you? What have you learned about the various kinds of writing you’ve done (narrative, informational, and argumentative) What did you learn about revision? What kinds of feedback from your peers is most helpful?