First and foremost, I am a father who loves his kiddos very much. They are my world and my life line. In addition, when I am not being a superhero to my children, I am a middle school language arts/science teacher at Fulton Schools who enjoys working with middle school students in finding their voice in writing and help them get through this thing called life. Also, I am:
- 8th Grade Language Arts/Science – Fulton Middle School
- Language Arts Department Co-chair
- Co-Director/Teacher Consultant of the Chippewa River Writing Project (CRWP)
- Co-Author of from texting to teaching: grammar instruction in a digital age
- Co-Author of Create, Compose, Connect: Reading, Writing, and Learning with Digital tools
- Contributing Author to: Using Technology to Enhance Writing: Innovative Approaches to Literacy Instructions (Chapter 24: Measuring Student Growth with Digital Portfolios)
- Contributing Co-Author to: //Preparing Teachers to Teach Writing Using Technology// (Chapter 11: Write, Respond, Repeat: A Model for Teachers’ Professional Writing Groups in a Digital Age)
- Contributing Author to : Assessing Student’s Digital Writing: Protocols for Looking Closely
- Vice President of ATEG (Assembly of Teachers of English Grammar)
- SIGOBL Member for MACUL
- Contributing Member of Michigan Reading Association (MRA), International Reading Association (IRA), Michigan Council of Teacher’s of English (MCTE), National Council of Teacher’s of English (NCTE), and MACUL.
- Nominated for MACUL’s 2015 Technology Using Pre K-12 Classroom Teacher of the year.
I tweet and you can follow me on Twitter @jeremybballer.
I love learning about new media to incorporate into my classroom. The classroom is not about us as teachers, it is about our students and what they want. Feel free to fill out the contact form if you would like to contract me for PD or conferences. Also, if you have any questions you can email me @ (email@example.com).