First and foremost, I am a father who loves his kiddos very much. They are my world and my life line. In September of 2021, after 21 years in the classroom, I embarked on a new journey where I can impact thousands of students. I am excited to work for the non-profit, Center for the Collaborative Classroom.
- Manager of Educational Partnerships – Center for the Collaborative Classroom
- Middle School Language Arts/Science (21 years)
- Language Arts Department Co-chair
- Teacher Consultant of the Chippewa River Writing Project (CRWP)
- Co-Author of Ask, Explore, Write! An Inquiry-Driven Approach to Science and Literacy Learning
- Co-Author of from texting to teaching: grammar instruction in a digital age
- Co-Author of Create, Compose, Connect: Reading, Writing, and Learning with Digital tools
- Contributing Author to: Using Technology to Enhance Writing: Innovative Approaches to Literacy Instructions (Chapter 24: Measuring Student Growth with Digital Portfolios)
- Contributing Co-Author to: //Preparing Teachers to Teach Writing Using Technology// (Chapter 11: Write, Respond, Repeat: A Model for Teachers’ Professional Writing Groups in a Digital Age)
- Contributing Author to : Assessing Student’s Digital Writing: Protocols for Looking Closely
- NCTE Community Ambassador
- Contributing Member of Michigan Reading Association (MRA), International Reading Association (IRA), Michigan Council of Teacher’s of English (MCTE), National Council of Teacher’s of English (NCTE), and MACUL.
- Nominated for MACUL’s 2015 Technology Using Pre K-12 Classroom Teacher of the year.
- Nominated for Michigan’s 2020 Teacher of the Year.
Follow me on Twitter @jeremybballer.
Feel free to fill out the contact form if you would like to contract me for PD or conferences. Also, if you have any questions you can email me: (email@example.com).